The 280D is Moon by Simaudio's most advanced and affordable DAC to date. Employing the most innovative technologies, it can decode any format and with the internal MiND module, the 280D becomes the ultimate all-in-one (streamer / network player / DAC). It also features DSD capable of doubling, or even quadruple, the usual DSD rate. In addition, it has DXD and PCM 32-bit / 384 kHz. As they say from Moon: "someone invented the DSD, we only improved it". The 280D is a solvent device, combining excellent engineering with sound design principles. DSD engineering is Moon's own design. It is capable of decoding with speed, from DSD 64, 128 and even 256 with ease.
You also have the possibility of acquiring the version with integrated MiND, the 280D MIND 2 (Smart network device via WiFi or Ethernet compatible with multiroom configurations). A way to organize, listen and enjoy your music. MiND with its technology transmits music from your digital music libraries to your final audio system (amplifier, speakers).
- Fully asynchronous DAC, supports DSD up to DSD256 (USB only) and PCM from 44.1 kHz to 384 kHz (32-bit USB only).
- 7 digital inputs (AES / EBU x 1, S / PDIF x 2, TosLink x 2, USB x 1 and Qualcomm aptX audio for Bluetooth x 1) that allow you to connect almost any digital source.
- Galvanically isolated USB input eliminates all ground current between the USB device and the 280D, preserving the accuracy of the audio signal.
- Analog segment based on a fully balanced differential circuit for greater dynamic range, higher resolution, and better signal-to-noise ratio.
- Short signal path capacitor using a DC servo circuit and proprietary 18 dB per octave analog filter.
- RS-232 port for bi-directional feedback and firmware updates.
- Infrared ray input for external control.
- CRM-2 remote control included.
- Ultra rigid chassis capable of minimizing the effects of external vibrations.