A direct descendant of the renowned C-Sharp, the C-Major is a streamlined analog source that condenses the concepts and technology of its attractive older brother into a very similar format, with only slight modifications to make it more affordable. It uses an ultra-slim profile enclosure - something completely unusual in high-end turntables - in which advanced materials such as carbon fiber and thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) are combined in the platform that supports the turntable and very high-density MDF in the chassis. Another key element of the C-Major is found in its engine, extremely silent and mounted in the lower area of its base together with a total of 10 absorbent elements of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), which immunize the system against all kinds of interference from mechanoacoustic origin.
The use of TPE is of primary importance in the technical design of the new EAT, since it provides an exceptionally rigid base for the arm / capsule and plate / slewing system (shaft + bearing) assemblies, which, on the other hand, require virtually zero tolerance on a product of this level in order to ensure a stable and accurate reading in equal measure. As for the platter itself, it is made of a particularly inert special aluminum alloy, while cushioned by TPE elements, while its traction is entrusted to a special antistatic rubber strap. For its part, the reading arm is a latest generation model of the EAT itself with a carbon fiber tube and aluminum capsule holders, which combines the advantages of unipivot designs (in this case in the central area) with those of the EAT type. gimbal (which ensures high stability and low friction).
- Very high performance turntable.
- Ultra slim profile and very high rigidity construction.
- Very low noise motor; belt drive.
- Carbon fiber and MDF subframe.
- Highly inert aluminum plate with TPE inserts.
- Oversized shaft with ceramic bearing.
- Rotation speed of 33/45 rpm.
- Arm with carbon fiber tube and aluminum capsule holder.
- Signal-to-noise ratio mechanical 40 dB and electrical 68 dB.
- External continuous power supply.
- Arm with effective length of 230 mm.
- Dimensions without protective cover: 460 x 125 x 352 mm (W x H x D).
- Dimensions with protective cover: 460 x 380 x 435 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 9 kg. Sold without capsule.
- Option with Ortofon MC Quintet Blue mounted capsule for € 300; plus.