CAPSULE MC ORTOFON MC WINDFELD Ti
Born to replace the renowned MC Windfeld, integrated into the elite Exclusive Series and Ortofon's tribute to Per Windfeld, one of its most brilliant engineers, the MC Windfeld Ti is a direct consequence of the application of the revolutionary SLM manufacturing technology (“ Selective Laser Melting ”), used for the first time by the Danish firm in 2007 to fine-tune its legendary MC A90 model. Thanks to this, the Windfeld Ti incorporates a titanium main body inspired by elements of the design of the fabulous MC A95, which allows it to provide substantial improvements over its predecessor in parameters such as the total rigidity of its structure, its weight and its behavior in dynamic regime.
A magnetic motor based on a compact, extremely powerful neodymium magnet also contributes to this, which in turn minimizes the size and weight of the signal generation system. On the other hand, the use, in the moving coils, of windings made of the exclusive Aucurum material - 6NX oxygen-free copper, gold-plated - by Ortofon allows the transmission losses of the movements of the diamond tip to be reduced to virtually zero ( an exclusive Ortofon Replicant 100). The renewed Windfeld also houses other highly significant technical refinements signed by Ortofon that help define its exceptional sonic personality. The first of these is the so-called FSR (“Field Stabilizing Element”, that is to say Field Stabilizing Element), materialized in a small cylinder of conductive material, strategically placed inside the magnetic motor, which aims to maintain the stability of the field independent of the movement of the capsule, thus improving the separation between channels and minimizing dynamic and intermodulation distortion. Another key feature of the Windfeld Ti is the WRD system (“Wide Range Damping”), consisting of a small platinum disc “sandwiched” between two absorbent rubber elements with different properties that ensures exceptional groove tracking. as a perfect damping in the whole range of working frequencies.
- Reference moving coil (MC) capsule.
- External body stainless steel and titanium.
- Titanium processed with Selective Laser Fusion (SLM) technology.
- Output voltage of 0.2 mV at 1 kHz and 5 cm / s.
- Frequency response: 10 - 50,000 Hz (-3 dB cut-off points).
- Recommended Load Impedance: MC /> 10 Ohm.
- Tracking Ability: 90 um (at 315 Hz).
- Dynamic Compliance: 13 um / mN.
- Recommended Support Force: 2.3 grams.
- Field Stabilizer Element (FSE).
- Moving coils with Accurum windings (OFC 6NX gold-plated copper).
- For reading arms of moderate mass.
- Weight: 11g.
8 other products in the same category: