New expression of the pursuit of the perfect sound that has characterized Krell since its founding, the Illusion is a stereophonic preamp that shares the same aesthetics of Krell's iBias power amplifiers, as well as the brand's exclusive CAST interconnect technology and extraordinary flexibility (optional) in filtering with menu management. Composed, in keeping with Krell's tradition of absolute reference preamps, of two independent blocks, the Illusion utilizes a fully balanced dual mono circuit topology with separate power supply for each channel. All signal gain is carried out in circuits executed with surface mount technology with exclusive subsystems, highlighting the absence of feedback and an exceptionally generous open loop bandwidth (1.5 MHz).
In addition, the Illusion works in the exclusive Krell “Current Mode”, which by using current signals prevents possible voltage fluctuations from affecting the delicate audio circuits. With regard to the power supply unit, only discrete components are used in order to respond quickly to the most demanding instantaneous current demands and at the same time present maximum immunity against the most severe variations of the signal coming from the power supply. electrical network. A 290 VA transformer and a capacitor bank totaling a total capacity of 41,600 uF ensure exceptional response to musical transients. The Illusion is completed with connectivity at the level of a product of its class and price, highlighting the presence of the exclusive Krell CAST current signal, as well as balanced and unbalanced analog inputs and outputs, subwoofer outputs (balanced and unbalanced) and jacks to facilitate integration into custom systems.
- Absolute reference stereo preamp.
- Composed of two independent blocks.
- Double monophonic and balanced circuit architecture.
- Operation in Krell's exclusive “Current Mode”.
- Optional filter circuit with menu management.
- Frequency response: 0.35 - 720,000 Hz, +0 dB, -3 dB.
- Signal / noise ratio greater than 109 dB.
- 6 dB gain in unbalanced mode / 12 dB in balanced mode.
- Set dimensions: 438 x 192 x 464 mm (W x H x D).
- Set weight: 20.8 kg.
- Internal crossover card option with various selectable settings for € 3,390; plus.
8 other products in the same category: