KRELL ILLUSION II
PREAMPLIFIER WITH DAC
Created to perfectly complement Krell's next-generation stereo and mono power amps, the Illusion II is a stereo preamp that is the latest expression of the search for sonic truth that has characterized the legendary American firm since its founding. . Simplified version - in that it uses a single chassis instead of two - of the reference Illusion stereophonic preamplifier, the Illusion II is a very high-performance stereophonic preamplifier that shares the same aesthetic and electronic design concepts as its older brother. Thus, the circuit topology is also double monophonic and fully balanced, operating in Krell's “Current Mode”, the sections corresponding to each channel being fed by an independent regulation scheme that starts with a 95 VA transformer and a bank of capacitors. 40,000 uF.
The Illusion II also does not resort to negative feedback, while its bandwidth of more than 1 MHz allows it to express the harmonic and spatial contrasts of music with exceptional realism. On the other hand, it has a volume control based on a balanced resistance ladder and designed not to interfere with the bandwidth or the response to transients. As a differentiating element with respect to its older brother, the Illusion II also provides the possibility of managing digital sources thanks to a module specifically designed for this that supports signals of up to 24 bits // 192 kHz from a maximum of 5 sources (1 coaxial professional AES / EBU, 2 coaxial S / PDIF and 2 optical EIAJ-TosLink). The comprehensive connectivity consists of balanced and unbalanced analog, CAST and control jacks.
- Absolute reference stereo preamp.
- Independent headphone amplifier.
- Double monophonic and balanced circuit architecture.
- Operation in Krell's exclusive “Current Mode”.
- Digital module compatible with signals up to 24 bits / 192 kHz.
- Frequency response: 0.25 - 1,200,000 Hz, +0 dB, -3 dB.
- Superior signal-to-noise ratio: 107 dB.
- 6 dB gain in unbalanced mode / 12 dB in balanced mode.
- Dimensions: 438 x 192 x 464 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 10.4 kg.