CAPSULE MC ORTOFON SPU CLASSIC GM MKII
The gateway to the most admired and iconic of the Ortofon phono cartridge families, the SPU was introduced to the market in 1958 in response to the demand for capsules to play the new stereophonic vinyl records. The acronym "SPU" is the acronym for "stereo pick-up" or "pickup capsule" since until then –that is, during the decades of the 50s and 60s of the last century- the existing capsules on the market were called " capsules ”to dry. The importance of Robert Gudmandsen, one of the most brilliant engineers at Ortofon, is also fundamental to SPU. Building on 10-year-old technology and Ortofon's expertise in mono cartridge design, SPU immediately defined the quality standard for pickup cartridges for professional and audiophile-grade applications, while setting the way forward. in designing products of its kind for the next 57 years. With these premises, the SPU Classic GM mkII, which mounts a Nude spherical profile diamond stylus, embodies the essence of Ortofon's original moving coil designs offering a perfect solution for reading old and contemporary stereo recordings with dynamic sound. and powerful while being virtually free of intermodulation distortion and with splendid channel spacing.
- Very high performance moving coil (MC) capsule.
- Fully integrated into its dedicated capsule holder.
- Output voltage of 0.2 mV at 1 kHz and 5 cm / s.
- Frequency response: 20 - 25,000 Hz (-3 dB cut-off points).
- Recommended Load Impedance: MC /> 10 Ohm.
- Tracking Ability: 65 um (at 315 Hz).
- Dynamic Compliance: 8 um / mN.
- Recommended Support Force: 4 g.
- For reading arms of moderate and high mass with SME connection.
- Weight: 30g.
8 other products in the same category: