COPLAND DAC 215
HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER / DAC COPLAND DAC 215
Building on the extraordinary quality / price ratio of its vacuum tube-based amplification electronics, Copland has just launched its first digital audio processor -DAC- with a dedicated audiophile-grade headphone amplifier specifically geared towards getting the most out of high resolution digital formats. As befits a product signed by a company with an unequivocal purist accent, the DAC215, which immediately draws attention for its very compact dimensions and its purity of lines, bases its attributes on a very careful combination of circuit topology and components chosen for their qualities. sonorous.
Thus, at the heart of Copland's new DAC we find a D / A conversion section with several S / PDIF inputs and PCM and DSD signal processing capacity, based on the renowned ES9018 Reference “chip” from the exclusive American firm ESS. It is a sophisticated piece of microelectronics with 32-bit technology, assembled, in this case, in a quadruple mono configuration (that is, 8 mono to 2 stereo). On the other hand, and in line with Copland's philosophy, the analog and filtering sections of the DAC215 are made entirely with discrete components, deserving to be highlighted in this regard that the Class A topology used in the first of them is identical to the one used we can find in the celebrated CD players of the Scandinavian firm. To all this we must add that the DAC215 houses inside a fully equipped pre-amplification circuitry, of which we must highlight an audiophile-inspired analog volume control and, very especially, a headphone output powered by a circuitry that combines operation in Class A with vacuum tube-based gain stages that brings unprecedented musicality in a product of its class and price.
- Very high performance headphone amplifier with DAC.
- 32-bit resolution D / A conversion circuitry.
- Supports PCM signals up to 32 bit / 384 kHz and DSD64 / 128.
- Asynchronous USB input plus 3 S / PDIF digital inputs.
- Pre-amplification circuitry executed with vacuum tubes.
- Analog output circuitry configured in Class A.
- Dedicated headphone amplifier configured in Class A.
- Frequency response: 20 - 20 kHz, +0 dB, -2 dB.
- Signal to noise ratio greater than 120 dB.
- USB input compatible with Windows XP / Vista / 7/8, Mac-OS X and Linux.
- Dimensions: 200 x 115 x 280 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 3.8 kg.
8 other products in the same category: