TANNOY LEGACY ARDEN
Rigorously updated version of the Arden model from Tannoy's legendary HPD Series (marketed in 1974 and on the market until 1980), the Legacy Arden is a kind of “super ground monitor” equipped with an updated version of the legendary coaxial transducer "Dual Concentric" from the British firm. Specifically, it is a monumental 15 ”(380 mm) design that includes, for its bass section, a paper pulp cone with a generous 52 mm diameter voice coil and flat windings and a rubber peripheral suspension. single fold. Regarding the loading of the bass system, a unique front multi-port bass-reflex scheme is used with 3 ports in the lower area of the enclosure that allows to increase the efficiency of the system and the extension of the bass response while maintaining controlled distortion. As for the tweeter, a 33mm diameter aluminum-magnesium alloy diaphragm is used.
Of the Legacy Arden, the crossover filter is particularly noteworthy, combining in it an organization in two blocks to optimize the behavior of the two speakers integrated in the “Dual Concentric” and the use of audiophile grade components of very high quality and bass. losses to preserve the integrity of the sound signal. A characteristic element of this filter is that it can be manipulated by the user - through two rows of presets that appear in the lower part of the front panel - in order to enhance or attenuate the response to high frequencies. The Legacy Arden is completed with another absolutely fundamental element: a construction and finishes that strictly respect those of the original design, although with the participation of state-of-the-art materials such as the 19 mm thick MDF of the main panels and the Tannoy's exclusive combination of DMT (“Differential Materials Technology”) materials in the internal reinforcements.
- 2-way absolute reference bass-reflex loudspeaker.
- Updated version of the Arden model, integrated in Tannoy's HPD series.
- 380mm (15 ”)“ Dual Concentric ”coaxial speaker system.
- Enclosure that maintains the original design built with advanced materials.
- Crossover filter with 2 separate channels.
- Control panel to adapt the response to personal tastes and the room.
- Distributed bass-reflex port (3 front ports).
- Made entirely by hand by skilled craftsmen in the UK.
- Frequency response: 35 - 30,000 Hz, +/- 6 dB.
- Sensitivity: 93 dB / W / m.
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohm.
- Associated amplifier power: 150W continuous (600W peak).
- Dimensions: 602 x 910 x 362 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 41 kg.
- Price of the pair.
8 other products in the same category: