SONUS FABER LILIUM FLOOR SPEAKERS
Conceived as a loudspeaker system capable of shaping and expressing without limitations the seemingly brutal contrasts that often coexist in music - strength versus delicacy, dynamics versus melody, kindness versus impetuousness, harmony versus chaos - the Lilium is a column that drinks from the prestigious models The Sonus faber, Aida and Extrema 30 to materialize in a system that houses two separate identities that, although working independently, cooperate with each other. Undoubtedly, a complex challenge from a technical point of view that involved developing an enclosure with enough volume to reproduce the lower part of the spectrum with absolute fidelity and combining it with another that would house the transducers responsible for the main part of the audible spectrum. Undoubtedly, a complex challenge from a technical point of view that involved developing an enclosure with enough volume to reproduce the lower part of the spectrum with absolute fidelity and combining it with another that would house the transducers responsible for the main part of the audible spectrum. From an electroacoustic point of view, the Lilium is a 3.5-way system that benefits from the transfer of technology from the reference models that Sonus faber has always practiced, although its designers especially insist on underlining that we are facing much more than a scaled down version of the aforementioned Aida. The reality is that the new Sonus faber column incorporates state-of-the-art elements that come from the complex process of creation and technological development that made the aforementioned Extreme 30 possible, the compact “supermonitor” presented at the end of last March to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the founding of Sonus faber. Thus, for the subwoofer emission system it was decided to use a completely isolated independent enclosure - applying an evolved version of Sonus faber's “Zero Vibration Transmission Technology” - to which was added a solution directly adopted from the aforementioned Extrema 30: the use of a passive speaker instead of the always simpler and louder bass-reflex port. Combined with a careful endowment of transducers designed and made to measure with the most demanding criteria, the result is a loudspeaker with a prodigious frequency response curve and a very comfortable sensitivity that allows it to be combined with a very wide range of electronics.
- Absolute reference loudspeaker composed of a main front system and a lower subwoofer subsystem.
- 3.5-way system with exclusive Sonus faber vibration transmission suppression scheme.
- Lyre-shaped enclosure with curved multilayer panels and a separate watertight enclosure for the subwoofer subsystem.
- Ultra-rigid 260mm diameter subwoofer with 2.5 ”voice coil designed by Sonus faber.
- Non-resonant crossover filter with amplitude response and optimized phase executed with audiophile grade components.
- Made completely by hand in Italy.
- Frequency response: 20 - 35,000 Hz.
- Sensitivity: 92 dB / W / m.
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm.
- Recommended amplification power: 100 - 800W continuous.
- Dimensions: 491 x 1,600 x 755 mm (W x H x D).
- Net weight: 51.5 kg per box.
- Price of the pair.
You might also like