Music Hall Mark 1
The signature sound created by Roy Hall is a large part of the success of Music Hall turntables. Their more than 30 years of digital sound experience combined with their meticulous ability to recognize good sound create some of the best-sounding devices on the market today. Mark1 is one such device. The plinth and the platter arise from a genuine and authentic design that year after year has proven its effectiveness. Although the Mark1 has a significantly lower price than the famous MMF 2.3 from Music Hall , the technical differences are minimal. The main ones are found in the engine support and the chassis finish. Both, in any case, are not determining characteristics in sound quality. The motor is fixed directly to the chassis and isolated with TPE shock absorbers. In this way, engine resonances are annihilated. The chassis is rigid and the high-gloss finish is achieved by applying foil. Most affordable plates have poor arms. The one on the new Music Hall turntable, on the other hand, is made of aluminum, with an S shape and a precision aluminum casing that allows the brand to achieve the greatest rigidity and internal damping. The arm flange is CNC machined allowing precise mounting of the arm to the chassis. VTA is fully adjustable and a feature almost never seen in this price range. It's a high-cost design decision, but it allows Music Hall to achieve the brand's signature sound. Magnetic anti-skating is also a luxury feature. The factory-pre-adjusted counterweight also makes assembly child's play. The most affordable cymbals have poor cartridges, while Music Hall has carefully chosen a cartridge that perfectly matches the characteristics of the tonearm. The Mark 1 features a high-quality, super-fast, dynamic and low-weight capsule from one of Europe's leading manufacturers. This results in a full-spectrum, full-bodied sound that, until now, no affordable turntable had achieved.
- Low noise design with belt drive.
- High quality 8.6” S-shaped arm.
- Precision aluminum housing and VTA fit.
- Damped and dynamic balanced counterweight.
- Magnetic anti-skating.
- AC synchronous motor for superior speed stability.
- High quality Ortofon MM capsule, correctly aligned and mounted.
- Teflon-coated stainless steel main bearing for noise-free operation.
- Dynamically balanced alloy platter with soft plush mat.
- Adjustable feet with special vibration damping.
- Transparent dust cover and adapter for 45rpm records included.
- Speeds: 33/45 RPM.
- Effective arm length: 218.5 mm (8.6“).
- Effective arm weight: 9.0 grams.
- Audio output: Stereo RCA with gold connectors.
- External 15V/0.8A DC power supply included.
- Size (W x H x D): 415 x 118 x 320 mm.
- Weight: 7.5 kilos.
Sold with already assembled capsule.
8 other products in the same category: