TURNTABLE PRO-JECT X1
An exceptional value for money turntable based on the same concept as the legendary Pro-Ject 1 (released in 1991), but improved in every respect, thanks to the use of modern materials and advanced manufacturing methods. Thus, the chassis is made of state-of-the-art MDF, being much heavier, dense and less resonant than the chipboard used in the original model. For its part, the platter itself is made of methacrylate, providing more mass and a less resonant character to a critical element that is complemented by a superior quality bearing that allows ultra-stable rotation. Added to this is an AC motor decoupled from the turntable base by means of a new suspension system and a sophisticated speed control circuit, thus creating a perfect platform for reading vinyl. The X1 is also superior to its predecessor thanks to Pro-Ject's fully designed and built 8.6-inch aluminum and carbon fiber arm, which incorporates an extremely light and rigid design with improved resistance to external interference. Manufactured in one piece, this tonearm allows for adjustment of VTA and azimuth, offering flexibility of adjustment unusual in such an affordable turntable. In addition, it includes a TPE damped counterweight that further reduces the resonances of the arm-capsule assembly. The X1 is completed with height-adjustable aluminum / TPE sandwich frame feet and an 8-layer paint finish with an entirely manual finish, providing a seductive touch of exclusivity.
- High performance turntable with an exceptional quality / price ratio.
- Belt drive with engine block decoupled from the chassis.
- Engine block with high precision diamond cut drive belt.
- High-density MDF construction; finished in 8 layers of paint.
- Use of high precision bearings in both the plate and the arm.
- Rotation shaft made of stainless steel; high mass methacrylate plate.
- Counterweight acoustically treated with TPE to minimize vibrations.
- Electronic control of rotation speed (33, 45 and 78 rpm).
- 8'6 ”arm with aluminum and carbon fiber sandwich structure.
- Includes MM Ortofon Pick-it S2 moving magnet capsule.
- Pro-Ject Connect-IT E connection cable supplied as standard.
- Dimensions: 415 x 125 x 335 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 7 kg.
You might also like
8 other products in the same category: