PRO-JECT RPM 9 CARBON TURNTABLE
With an unmistakable design whose basic features are present in all the models of the RPM range of the dynamic Austrian manufacturer Pro-Ject, the RPM 9 Carbon is a beautiful turntable that stands out, first of all, for its robust plinth, that is, the base that supports the platter and the tone arm. Formed by a very special sandwich structure, the plinth of the RPM 9 Carbon is a prodigy of mechanical acoustic neutrality. Specifically, we are talking about a composite consisting of MDF and resin-impregnated steel pellets that have been covered with carbon fiber and heat treated. The RPM 9 Carbon also shines with its own light a robust 7.2 kg chainring that, following the tradition of Pro-Ject with regard to its highest level designs, combines acoustically inert aluminum with absorbent elements of elastomer or thermoplastic rubber, and a vinyl top coating, the latter one of the hallmarks of the Central European firm. As for the reading arm, it is undoubtedly one of the strengths of the RPM 9 Carbon, as it makes its quality / price ratio unparalleled among products in its category. Specifically, the Pro-Ject mounts a sophisticated 9 ”cc Evolution arm from the same brand that stands out for the conical profile of its carbon fiber tube and, like the chainring, for a design with an inverted axis. Traction, as in all turntables of Pro-Ject, is belt driven, and the motor itself is alternating current, powered by direct current and electronically controlled (33 and 45 rpm; 78 rpm optional).
- Turntables with very high performance and exceptional quality / price ratio.
- Belt drive with synchronous motor located in a separate block.
- Very high precision external power supply.
- Acoustically inert aluminum plate with absorbent TPE elements.
- Subframe with anti-resonant treatment and magnetic feet.
- Inverted bearing with ceramic bearing.
- 9-inch carbon fiber reading arm manufactured by Pro-Ject.
- Electronically controlled 33 and 45 rpm rotational speeds.
- Signal / noise ratio of 75 dB.
- Supplied as standard with “5P Connect It CC” RCA cables (XLR optional).
- Dimensions: 440 x 180 x 325 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 16.7 kg.
You might also like