PHONO AUDIO PREVIEW RESEARCH PH9
PHONO AUDIO PREVIEW RESEARCH PH 9
A member of the new Foundation Series from Audio Research, the PH9 is a phono preamplifier that has been designed to perfectly complement the majority of capsule / turntable combinations on the market. At its heart we find three 6H30 vacuum tubes that, together with rigorously selected JFET transistors, make up a circuit topology that is as studied in its concept as it is simple in its execution, capable of providing the most transparent preamplification of phono signals possible. Five different impedance settings make it possible to optimize the load of the phono cartridge used, which, since they can be changed from the PH9's remote control, make it easy for the user to evaluate the sound provided by each of them on the fly. To this must be added a power supply with electronic regulation also based on vacuum valves (6H30 and 6550) and a gain of 58 dB, both for moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) capsules, both elements which guarantee a combination of linearity in the frequency response curve, low distortion and absolutely exceptional low background noise. On the other hand, the menu system that manages the new Audio Research phono preamplifier also informs the user about the operating hours of the valves, the automatic shutdown function and other parameters designed to facilitate the customization of the device.
- Reference phono preamp.
- Compatible with moving coil (MC) and moving magnet (MM) capsules.
- Gain: 58 dB @ 1 kHz.
- Hybrid architecture valves (6H30) / field effect transistors (FETs).
- Regulation circuitry based on vacuum valves (6550 and 6H30).
- 5 positions for load impedance: 100, 200, 500, 1,000 and 47,000 Ohm.
- Frequency response: 10 - 60,000 Hz (20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/- 0.2 dB).
- Charge capacitance: 200 pF.
- Output impedance: 200 Ohm (unbalanced).
- Management by menus.
You might also like
8 other products in the same category: