PHONO AUDIO PREVIEW RESEARCH REFERENCE PH 3
PHONO AUDIO PREVIEW RESEARCH REFERENCE PH3
The result of innovations introduced in Audio Research's Reference range over the past year, the Reference Phono 3 is an absolute reference phono preamp that benefits from refinements incorporated into the range of Special Edition (SE) amplifiers from the aforementioned series, read new outlet valves, new components and a series of elements that contributed significant improvements in terms of sound precision and musicality. On the other hand, the commercialization of the Reference 6 preamplifier in October 2015 brought new refinements in aspects as relevant as the circuit topology. Thus, the Reference Phono 3 now includes six valves instead of the four of its predecessor, for which it has been necessary to redesign the power supply, which in turn has led to a clear improvement in the dynamic range.
The new Audio Research also takes advantage of the use of other state-of-the-art components, such as dedicated coupling capacitors or cryogenically treated cables and mechanical parts, to achieve unprecedented levels of sonic realism. On a formal level, the Reference Phono3 is mounted on a single chassis with aluminum panels subjected to elaborate machining processing. On the front panel of the Reference Phono 3 we have a function display that allows the user to control all the key functions related to the selected input, while a handy menu makes it easy to make adjustments such as selection of gain and load. , the equalization or the brightness of the aforementioned display, also having six fixed settings and a custom one for impedance in order to facilitate a perfect adaptation with all types of capsules, whether they are moving coil (MC) or moving magnet (MM ). In the realm of connectivity, the Reference Phono 3 includes inputs for two turntables, as well as balanced and unbalanced outputs and RS232 and infrared control sockets.
- Absolute reference phono preamp.
- Balanced valve circuitry (6 double triodes 6H30 + 1 6H30 and 1 pentode 6550C).
- Electronically regulated high and low voltage sources.
- Executed with components of the highest quality made to measure.
- Two gain modes to accommodate all types of capsules.
- 7 fixed options and 1 Custom for load impedance.
- Management by menus.
- 3 selectable pre-equalization curves: RIAA standard + Columbia + Decca.
- Tickets for 2 turntables.
- Balanced and unbalanced outputs.
- Frequency response: 10 - 60,000 Hz, +/- 2 dB (RIAA curve).
- Background noise level: 0.28 uV.
- Dimensions: 480 x 198 x 419 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 16.6 kg.
Offer by exdemo for a single unit in perfect condition and with a full 2-year warranty.
You might also like