CAPSULE MC ORTOFON SPU CLASSIC N
The SPU Classic N can be defined as the version of the SPU Classic GM mkII devoid of the characteristic integrated SPU cartridge holder, which allows it to be used with all types of reading arms. Let us remember that the SPU was introduced on the market in 1958 in response to the demand for capsules to reproduce the new stereophonic vinyl records. The acronym "SPU" is the acronym for "stereo pick-up" or "pickup capsule" since until then –that is, during the decades of the 50s and 60s of the last century- the existing capsules on the market were called " capsules ”to dry. The importance of Robert Gudmandsen, one of the most brilliant engineers at Ortofon, is also fundamental to SPU. Building on 10-year-old technology and Ortofon's expertise in mono cartridge design, SPU immediately defined the quality standard for pickup cartridges for professional and audiophile-grade applications, while setting the way forward. in designing products of its kind for the next 57 years. Supplied as standard with an SPU-in-N adapter, the SPU Classic N is a moving coil cartridge that mounts an 18 um radius Nude spherical profile diamond needle, which in conjunction with Ortofon's exclusive SPU signal generation concept allows you to reproduce with a fresh, vital and spacious sound (thanks to an excellent separation between channels) all types of vinyl recordings.
- Very high performance moving coil (MC) capsule.
- Designed to be integrated into standard headstock holders.
- SPU adapter in N supplied as standard.
- Output voltage of 0.2 mV at 1 kHz and 5 cm / s.
- Frequency response: 20 - 25,000 Hz (-3 dB cut-off points).
- Recommended Load Impedance: MC /> 10 Ohm.
- Tracking Ability: 65 um (at 315 Hz).
- Dynamic Compliance: 8 um / mN.
- Recommended Support Force: 4 grams.
- For moderate and high mass reading arms.
- Weight: 13g.
8 other products in the same category: