CAPSULE MC ORTOFON XPRESSION
The Xpression is a state-of-the-art moving coil cartridge equipped with a standard cartridge holder. A true reference product, it represents a perfect combination of three very characteristic Ortofon elements. First, the use of selective laser welding (SLM) techniques, first used on the A90 and SPU 90 Anniversary models. Second, the modification of the generation system initially used with the A90 and Windfeld models. And third and last, the renowned Ortofon design tradition. From a “commercial” point of view, the Xpression bridges the gap between high-end capsules like the A90 and Windfeld and those designed to be mounted in separate capsule holders. The result is a moving coil pickup that combines the convenience of a standard connection cartridge holder - providing a simple and elegant method of directly connecting the signal generator and boom - through its one-piece body. Since the length of the capsule is identical to that of an SPU, the Xpression can easily be integrated into a wide selection of arms without the need to worry about applying any additional alignment. For its part, the length of the Xpression is also identical to that of an SPU, which makes it unnecessary to make adjustments to the extra vertical support force (VTA). On the other hand, both the mass and the compliance of the Xpression ensure an adequate adaptation with the majority of arms compatible with SPUs, including the T-110 and T-210 models from Ortofon. On the other hand, the moderately low value of the output signal and the electrical design of the Xpression make it ideal for combining with most phono preamps and step-up transformers (including the Ortofon ST-80 SE) available on the market.
- Reference moving coil (MC) capsule.
- Capsule and capsule holder integrated in a single piece.
- External body in stainless steel and thermoplastic elastomer.
- Output voltage of 0.3 mV at 1 kHz and 5 cm / s.
- Frequency response: 10 - 60,000 Hz (-3 dB cut-off points).
- Recommended Load Impedance: MC /> 10 Ohm.
- Tracking Ability: 90 um (at 315 Hz).
- Dynamic Compliance: 11 um / mN.
- Recommended Support Force: 28.6 g.
- Field Stabilizer Element (FSE).
- For reading arms of moderate and high mass with SME connection.
- Weight: 28g.
8 other products in the same category: