ORTOFON ST-80 SE IMPEDANCE TRANSFORMER
We are facing the latest, the nothing else, in step-up transformers for moving coil capsules created by Ortofon in order to satisfy the demands of those fans who prefer to enjoy the sound of their precious moving coil capsules using conventional phono circuitry ( i.e. for moving magnet / MM capsules) rather than its often louder and more sensitive moving coil counterpart. The ST-80 SE (“Special Edition”) is a sophisticated passive component designed to provide highly detailed sound reproduction that is warm on the one hand and robust on the other. Compared to existing similar designs, the ST-80 SE features a larger, more wound coil, as well as more layers in the permalloy (iron nickel alloy) core. Each transformer is magnetically shielded in a permalloy enclosure which is in turn embedded in a robust 10mm thick aluminum cylinder obtained by precision machining from a solid aluminum block. In combination with the opulent external metal enclosure, the transformers achieve effective isolation from ambient noise, thus improving dynamics. In terms of setup, the Ortofon ST-80 SE uses a pure double mono design that ensures maximum channel spacing. The internal point-to-point cabling is executed with high-purity copper conductors insulated with Teflon, which, added to the use of high-quality RCA connectors, guarantees the maintenance of integrity in the transmission of the most delicate audio signals.
- Reference step-up transformer for moving coil (MC) capsules.
- Rigorously double monophonic design.
- Transformers for each channel shielded in a permalloy enclosure.
- Recommended internal impedance of the capsule less than 10 Ohm.
- 27 dB gain at 1 kHz.
- Frequency response: 10 - 100,000 Hz, -2.5 dB, +0.5 dB.
- Output signal load: 47,000 Ohm / 200 pF.
- Very high quality RCA connectors.
- Compatible with a wide spectrum of moving coil (MC) capsules.
- Perfect for the Cadenza, A90, Windfeld, Xpression, Anna, A95 and SPU.
- Dimensions: 153 x 100 x 95 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 1,5 kg.