SONY VPL-HW65ES PROJECTOR
SONY VPL-HW65ES PROJECTOR
The Sony VPL-HW65ES is a more than forceful demonstration that high definition has not yet said its last, the small miracle has been achieved by Sony by bringing technological refinements from its emblematic family of 4K models to this attractive and competitive video projector. Sony achieves squaring the circle by combining state-of-the-art matrices with management and processing systems that are the envy of its competitors. Hence the review of a machine like the VPL-HW55ES, which was extremely comprehensive across the board, makes sense. In fact, we would almost dare to say, despite the fact that everything can be surpassed, that we did not count on the Sony VPL-HW65ES to be so clearly better. In other words: we considered that, in the heat of 4K / UHD effervescence, “Full HD” had already peaked. Well no, with the VPL-HW65ES, high definition in 2D and 3D takes a firm step forward thanks to an unexpected “help”: the transfer of technological solutions from the 4K / UHD ecosystem, all without neglecting the invaluable contribution of the improvements incorporated into such relevant components as the projection lamp. And so we find an elegant, versatile and refined product that, definitely, is not a mere update of its predecessor, but constitutes a true quantum leap with respect to it as a result of the incorporation of solutions from the range of Sony 4K video projectors. Like the VPL-HW55ES, the VPL-HW65ES is equipped with 3 Sony exclusive next-generation SXRD matrices. However, the VPL-HW65ES uses a new 215 watt power UHP lamp with a 6,000 hour life span that allows it to display a brightness level of 1,800 ANSI lumens. This is a record that slightly exceeds that of the previous model but, thanks to the presence of an advanced dynamic control circuit that optimizes the operation of the aforementioned lamp, allows the new Sony to reproduce the most difficult 3D recordings with exceptional fidelity, as well as seemingly irrelevant details in complex shots (even in dimly lit rooms). The Sony VPL-HW65ES also incorporates a radio frequency transmitter synchronized with its SXRD matrices to optimize the viewing of 3D content, as well as an update function via USB and control by IP, the latter option that guarantees the full compatibility of the VPL-HW65ES with a wide range of home automation systems. Also noteworthy is the extremely low operating noise (almost absolute silence) and the presence of ventilation slots on the front panel, which substantially expands the installation options. In addition, the device can be connected wirelessly to a Blu-ray Disc player, upon purchase of an optional HDMI transmission / reception kit, to ensure seamless integration into the most demanding interior decorations. Also at the user level, the VPL-HW65ES stands out, although this is no longer a novelty, for its power and ease of use. It has an automatic recognition of 2D / 3D recordings and several preset display modes (Standard, Dynamic, Cinema, Games and Photo) aimed at optimizing the viewing of different types of content, although, in principle, nothing better than a careful adjustment and "by hand" for truly tailor-made results. In the VPL-HW65ES we also find a special low latency mode specifically designed for video game enthusiasts that allows minimizing the response time between the controller and the image on the screen, although this application does not usually interest movie lovers. The device also offers the user, upon purchase of an optional HDMI transmitter / receiver, the possibility of wireless operation, an option that will be particularly useful in those installations where space / aesthetic constraints have the highest priority.
- Display system: SXRD panel projection system Projection device
- Effective display area size: 0.61 "x 3
- Number of pixels: 6,220,800 (1920 x 1080 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens
- Manual Focus Manual Zoom (Approx. X1.6)
- Manual lens shift: Vertical: + / - 71%, Horizontal: +/- 25 %
- Light source: 215 W high pressure mercury lamp
- Recommended time for lamp replacement: 6000 hours (lamp mode: low)
- Screen size: 40 "to 300" (1016 to 7624 mm)
- Luminous output: 1800 lm (lamp mode: high
- Color light output: 1800 lm (lamp mode: high)
- Contrast ratio: 120,000: 1 (dynamic contrast)
- Displayable scanning frequency: Horizontal 19 kHz to 72 kHz Vertical 48 Hz to 92 Hz
- Computer signal input
- Maximum screen resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots (HDMI input only) Video signal input 480 / 60i, 576 / 50i, 480 / 60p, 576 / 50p, 720 / 60p, 720 / 50p, 1080 / 60i, 1080 / 50i
- The following items are only available for HDMI input. 1080 / 60p, 1080 / 50p, 1080 / 24p
- On-screen menu languages: 16 languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Polish)
- Inputs and outputs (computer / video / control): HDMI1 / HDMI2 Digital (RGB / Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr)
- Mini-jack trigger, 12 V DC, 100 mA max.
- Remote RS-232C: D-sub 9-pin (female) LAN RJ45, 10BASE-T / 100BASE-TX
- IR input Mini jack Acoustic noise Acoustic noise 22 dB
- Operating Temperature / Operating Humidity: 5 ° C to 35 ° C (41 ° F to 95 ° F) / Del 35 % to 85 % (no condensation)
- Storage temperature / Storage humidity storage: -20 ° C to +60 ° C (-4 ° F to +140 ° F) / Del 10 % to 90 % (no condensation)
- Power requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 3.1 A to 1.3 A, 50/60 Hz
- Consumption: 100 V to 120 V AC 300 W 220 V to 240 V AC 300 W
- Power consumption (standby mode): AC 100 V to 120 V 0.4 W (when the "Standby Mode" is set to "low") AC 220 V to 240 V 0.4 W (when the " Standby »is set to« low »)
- Power consumption (network standby): AC 100V to 120V 1.0W (all terminals and networks connected, when "Standby Mode" is set to "standard") 220V to 240V AC 1.0 W (all terminals and networks connected, when "Standby" is set to "standard")
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (without protrusions): 407.4 x 179.2 x 463.9 mm.
- Weight: 9 kilos.
- Available in white or black colors.
- Optional accessories: 3D RF glasses model TDG-BT500A for € 59; Unit.
- External RF transmitter model AD025-RF X1 for € 150 ;.
- Specific ceiling support model PAM-310 for € 199 ;.
(Consult about extension tubes for ceiling support of 0.5 meters, 1 meters and 1.5 meters).
You might also like
8 other products in the same category: