TANNOY PRESTIGE WESTMINSTER GR
The flagship of the most aristocratic of Tannoy's speaker families, the Tannoy Westminster Royal GR, comes across as a particularly dazzling reinterpretation of its celebrated predecessor thanks in large part to the contributions of the sophisticated Kingdom Royal model. The result of almost half a century of continuous evolution, the GR concept, acronym for “Gold Reference”, marks a new chapter in Tannoy's prestigious history by redefining the “Dual Concentric” coaxial transduction scheme as a result of the instruction of cutting-edge techniques. in it: new materials in the cone, new compression diaphragms in the high section and improved crossover filters. The Westminster Royal GR takes this philosophy to its finest in its formidable coaxial system, in which an imposing cone of very high rigidity treated paper pulp is combined with an aluminum alloy diaphragm tweeter.
This diaphragm is glued to a copper-clad aluminum coil which, together with a Mylar peripheral suspension and powered by a powerful AlNiCo magnet motor developed by Tannoy, allows for a sweeter and even more natural sound. The “Deep Cryogenic Treatment” (DCT) used in the crossover filter, a complex process that improves the sound quality of the components used in it thanks to subtle refinements, speaks of the superiority of Westminster Royal GR engineering. that introduces the entire signal path into the metallic crystalline structure. This superb acoustic box is completed by an exclusive enclosure with an acoustic labyrinth (exponential horn) assembled by hand from elements of the highest quality machined with the most advanced tools of the moment. Thanks to uncompromising finishes, the Tannoy Westminster Royal GR is a unique piece of furniture at the service of the ultimate in dynamic articulation and transparency of recorded music, contributing to a unique bass response as a consequence of the seamless integration of his enclosure in the listening room.
- Absolute reference loudspeaker. 2-way system with enclosure in folded bass horn configuration.
- Latest generation 381 mm diameter coaxial “Dual Concentric” transducer with a 52 mm diameter voice coil.
- 51mm diameter dome tweeter equipped with Tannoy's exclusive “Pepperpot” waveguide.
- Crossover filter with “Deep Cryogenic Treatment” technology (DCT) executed with rigorously selected components (ICW ClarityCap MR capacitors, high-purity silver cables, low-loss coils with laminated core and state-of-the-art thick film resistors).
- Freq divider filter with various positions adjustable by the user. Tannoy exclusive 5-terminal connection scheme.
- Frequency response: 18 - 25,000 Hz (-6 dB cut-off points).
- Sensitivity: 99 dB / W / m.
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohm.
- Recommended amplification power: 50 - 225W continuous.
- Dimensions: 980 x 1,395 x 560 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 138 kg.
- Price of the pair.
8 other products in the same category: