TANNOY PRESTIGE KENSINGTON GR
Slightly thinner and shallower than the Canterbury GR, the Tannoy Kensington GR is the ideal loudspeaker for those who want to fully enjoy what we might well call Tannoy's “Prestige GR experience”. With a construction that, like its older sisters, is completely handcrafted but at the same time benefits from the contributions of the most advanced numerically controlled machine tools, the Tannoy Kensington GR is a genuine tribute to the unique blend of respect. by tradition and commitment to cutting-edge technology that has guided Tannoy's footsteps in its long and fruitful existence. The key to this beautiful and refined loudspeaker is found in an imposing “Dual Concentric” coaxial system with a 254 mm diameter very high rigidity treated paper pulp cone that integrates an aluminum alloy diaphragm tweeter.
This diaphragm is glued to a copper-clad aluminum coil which, together with a Mylar peripheral suspension and powered by a powerful AlNiCo magnet motor developed by Tannoy, allows for a sweeter and even more natural sound. The “Deep Cryogenic Treatment” (DCT) scheme used in the crossover filter, a complex process that improves the sound quality of the components used in it thanks to subtle refinements that it introduces into the metallic crystalline structure of the entire signal path. On the other hand, the use of a bass-reflex enclosure with a distributed port created by Tannoy allows the Kensington GR to exert highly precise control over the air mass present in that port, resulting in an extremely natural bass response in terms of definition, depth and impact that brilliantly contributes to reinforcing the spatial component of music by facilitating adaptation to a wide spectrum of domestic rooms.
- Reference loudspeaker.
- 2-way bass-reflex system with distributed port.
- 254mm diameter “Dual Concentric” coaxial transducer with 52mm diameter voice coil
- 51mm diameter dome tweeter equipped with Tannoy's exclusive “Pepperpot” waveguide.
- Crossover filter with “Deep Cryogenic Treatment” technology (DCT) executed with rigorously selected components (ICW ClarityCap MR capacitors, high-purity silver cables, low-loss coils with laminated core and state-of-the-art thick film resistors).
- Crossover filter with various user adjustable positions.
- Frequency response: 29 - 22,000 Hz (-6 dB cut-off points).
- Sensitivity: 94 dB / W / m.
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohm.
- Recommended amplification power: 50 - 225W continuous.
- Dimensions: 406 x 1,100 x 338 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 37 kg.
- Price of the pair.
8 other products in the same category: