TANNOY KINGDOM ROYAL MKII
A sumptuous aesthetic that combines construction quality of the highest level with very contemporary textures and colors, is the presentation card of a product born to satisfy the highest expectations in terms of sound expressiveness. Going into the details, of the Kingdom Royal MkII it should be noted, first of all, that the main enclosure is made of horizontal layers of high-density fiberboard glued together and then machined to create an extremely precise acoustic chamber. . An external “wrap” of specially-made birch plywood adds a significant amount of strength and rigidity to the massive enclosure structure. Among the many external trim elements of the new Tannoy flagship, mention should also be made of the use of brown Italian leather for the dispersion panel of the supertweeter, as well as a gold-plated anodized metal frame for the protective grille, which has been specially selected so that it integrates perfectly with the wood veneers that complete the finish of the enclosure. All this without forgetting the improvements incorporated in other relevant metallic components such as the adjustment panel in the front area or the connections panel and the bass-reflex port in the rear area.
Completely made in the UK, this imposing speaker is also the ultimate exponent of what Tannoy is capable of in the field of acoustic and electro-acoustic engineering, especially highlighting the fabulous latest generation 'Dual Concentric' coaxial speaker system Combined with a 380mm diameter woofer and a 75mm diameter voice coil and a 25mm magnesium alloy dome supertweter, it achieves outstanding recordings in terms of frequency response curve extension and dynamics . As a product designed and built without any compromise, the Royal Kingdom MkII mounts a crossover filter made with the highest quality components, with very high purity PCOCC copper wiring (99'9999%; high purity silver in the supertweeter case) and silver solders. This also allows the user to make 5 discrete settings for the “Dual Concentric” system and another 5 for the supertweeter, in order to customize the response of the system.
- Absolute reference loudspeaker.
- 4-way bass-reflex system (with hermetic enclosure for the coaxial transducer).
- Equipped with a 305 mm diameter “Dual Concentric” coaxial transducer.
- Cryogenically treated “Dual Concentric” tweeter. - Supertweeter with magnesium alloy dome.
- Woofer with 380 mm diameter treated pulp cone.
- Adjustable crossover filter for supertweeter and coaxial system.
- Built with the highest quality components.
- Enclosure built with high-density panels and internal reinforcements.
- Frequency response: 24 - 61,000 Hz (-6 dB cut-off points).
- Sensitivity: 96 dB / W / m.
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Recommended amplification power: 20 - 600W RMS (1,200 W peak).
- Maximum sound pressure level of 120 dB in continuous regime (300 W).
- Maximum peak sound pressure level of 126 dB (1,200 W).
- Dimensions: 585 x 1,275 x 600 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 120 kg. Price of the pair.
- It is served under strict order.