DAC AUDIO RESEARCH DAC 9
DAC AUDIO RESEARCH DAC 9
A design that reflects the studied updating of the unmistakable “look” of the brand's productions and a construction of the highest level constitute the prelude to the DAC9 digital audio processor, a product designed for lovers of music and sound with capital letters can enjoy their favorite digital recordings in true high definition. As befits a product in its category, the DAC9 stands out first of all for its ability to decode the most advanced high-resolution digital audio formats of the moment, specifically PCM with a sampling frequency of up to 384 kHz (only via USB; up to 192 kHz with the rest) and the DSD (via USB), in this case the DSD64 and DSD128 versions of it. For this, it has a total of five digital sockets in the most widely used formats, specifically USB, unbalanced coaxial, balanced coaxial and EIAJ-TosLink optical, which allows the user to connect to the DAC9 practically any digital player available on the market. But the true magic of the first digital component of the Foundation Series of Audio Research is perceived when we delve into the intimacies of its circuitry that, like in many designs of the American firm, is based on a sophisticated hybrid architecture that combines the best of analog electronics with the latest in digital technology. Thus, at the heart of the DAC9's analog circuitry we find a pair of 6H30 double triodes that, in combination with the double differential topology - which allows a balanced digital signal - of its D / A conversion counterpart, makes the sound end has an extension in frequency response, a dynamic range, a level of detail and an extraordinary spatial definition.
- Reference digital audio processor (DAC).
- Hybrid vacuum / solid state valve technology.
- Double differential D / A conversion scheme with 24-bit resolution.
- Compatible PCM up to 384 kHz and DSD up to DSD128 (sampling at 5.6 MHz).
- Resampling of any incoming digital signal up to 384 kHz.
- Electronically regulated high and low voltage power supplies.
- Very high precision master clock with a jitter level of less than 10 ps.
- Possibility of selecting the digital filter (2 positions).
- Frequency response: 6Hz - 192kHz, +/- 3 dB.
- Signal to noise ratio greater than 114 dB.
- Channel separation greater than 107 dB.
- AES / EBU, S / PDIF (coaxial and optical) and USB digital inputs.
- Balanced and unbalanced analog outputs.
- Management by menu system.
- Dimensions: 480 x 137 x 348 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 6.3 kilos.
You might also like